Time has run out to get a substantive post up today, so I shall have to settle for a brief blowing of the whistle and a short foray into what may be coming up over the next few weeks.
- As I get back into work, there are numerous matters to resolve. I will be heavily focussed on getting Play with Fire back on track, which means getting to a Beta version as soon as is humanly possible. I expect there will be some coverage of this final push in the blog.
- And in other news, it seems that Reluctant Hero may yet live! It's being taken to publishers at Game Connection in Leipzig, which affords me the option to completely revise its mechanics - I have a particular enjoyment of developing and redeveloping RPG systems, and am likely to discuss some pertinent issues here.
- On a related note, has anyone written on the choice between exponential progression and Fibonacci sequences in cRPG development mechanics? I think the latter may be inherently superior but, as ever, there's room for debate.
And on the philosophical side of the coin:
- On philosophy of religion, I still have to complete my post on Einstein's view on a personal God. Expect this one tomorrow, all things being equal. I may follow it later with a list of suggested athiest religions for those who have chosen to walk in that particular direction and are still wondering why they might do so.
- On philosophy of science, I may have to write about the Ganzfeld experiment to explain why I consider this to be so important - and believe it or not, the reason has nothing whatsoever to do with telepathy.
- And between the two, I may well ramble on the topic of teleological games - something certain scientists attack when they see it coming from a religious belief, but then commit the self same mistakes in their own thinking! Good fun for all.
Hope there's still a few people out there sufficiently amused by my idiosyncratic peregrinations to hop onboard and come along for the ride!