October 03, 2006
October already; I can scarcely believe Summer is behind us. More disrupted blogging this week, as I am off to London once again this Thursday. Should be able to get two or three posts up before then, though. A few random notes:
- As officially confirmed in the comments to this blog, it seems an OS X version of Reluctant Hero is not out of the question. Of course, first we must secure a publisher!
- My chipped PlayStation stopped working again. Fortunately, I don't have any import games left to play right now, having given up on the glacially slow Front Mission 4, and the PS3 is thankfully going to be region free. I wonder if the backwards compatiblity will also be region free? Anyone know?
- I'm watching Fruits Baskets at the moment, and thoroughly enjoying it. Finally, an anime show I can watch with my wife - much as I enjoy giant fighting robots or animated demon pornography, it's nice to see an anime with a tender heart.
- To celebrate Ramadan, I will be putting up a post about Sufism (one of my five religions) later this week. I've been meaning to do this for a while but haven't got around to it until now.
- Watched Little Miss Sunshine at the cinema this weekend and found it an utterly charming comedy, with a touch of cultural subversion thrown in for good measure. I guess this is an indie movie, but it cost $8 million to make. That's an indie budget in films? That's a mass market budget in games. Makes you think.
Hope you're enjoying the colours of Autumn, unless you're in the Southern hemisphere, in which case enjoy the onset of Spring!
Yo that does make you think.
Posted by: Patrick | October 03, 2006 at 11:32 PM