The whole of Manchester is buried under a carpet of white right now, and I'm gradually digging myself out of both the email and the snow, as well as clearing the spam out of the virtual gutters here at Only a Game. I'll try and do comments this week, and it should be blogging as usual next week, with a bit of luck. In the meantime, here's a picture of Boomer enjoying the snow, and a few snippets.
- Will be starting work on the two new Kant pieces shortly; hope to have this ready this month.
- Finally ditching the HP printer. This has been the worst purchase the company has ever made... Without going into the litany of problems, let me share the most recent "feature": it ran out of magenta ink and then refused to print in black and white. Avoid HP printers!
- My iphone broke just before the Winter Festival, leaving me without my highly addictive portable internet device. To Apple's credit, itunes successfully restored 100% of the content when the replacement iphone arrived - but to their detriment there was no way of accessing the contact information via itunes in the interim, leaving me without a lot of contact numbers.
- It's Modern Warfare 2 versus New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and although the wargame has an early lead thanks to its twin SKUs (14 million total sales thus far) Nintendo's challenger is outselling Call of Duty by 3 to 2 right now (8.6 million total sales thus far). I predict eventual victory for Mario in this battle, in about three or four months time.
- And speaking of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I'm surprised at just how tough this game is right from the outset. I don't see what hope a new player (whose never seen a Mario game) will have of getting to grips with this, but I guess what they're selling is the challenge. Perhaps this is another reason why other platform game franchises dried up - they lost the hobbyists by becoming too easy.
More nonsense soon!