It's always something of an adventure when I post on the more explosive topics in the domain of religion/nonreligion, but Thursday's piece seemed to generate more discussion than personal attacks, so I have to feel I am making some kind of progress! It is nice to be able to talk about Dawkins in this context without getting hopelessly enraged like I once did... talking about the distressing aspects of my childhood is helping sooth the raw nerves. I still have one story to tell in this regard, but I don't feel now is the time.
A few brief thoughts...
- Sega Bass Fishing on the Wii... a total joy for me, although probably not of much interest to many of the people who come here! So thrilled that not only have they made another version, they have kept the best of the original and expanded upon it. Why can't all sequels get this right?
- And the ghost of Sega also presents Nights: Journey of Dreams, which while not awful could certainly have been better. The narrative content in particular grates - I hope Naoto Oshima is not too offended by this mauling of his original piece.
- Peter - I feel like I should offer you the role of Deputy, since when the bigger flows of comments arrive you are always there to help field some of the contention! Thank you!
- Sirc - hope I haven't scared you off! Apologies for my paranoia if you are still here.
- Have nearly completed the statistical analysis for the DGD2 data, but it's already feeling that we won't be able to produce a working instrument at this stage of the research. Will post a few pieces going over some of the correlations here, then work on a paper and see what happens.
Hope everyone's week goes well!